The concept behind Carthage Pharmacy Services, Inc. stores developed from a simple desire: bring together the benefits of a small, independently owned community pharmacy with the efficiency of a larger, well-managed company to improve the way retail pharmacy is practiced today.
The owners, Davin and Gail Vaughn, are both registered pharmacists who know the importance of patient-driven, customer oriented community pharmacy service. While attending college, each of them worked together for a local small chain drug store in Kansas City, and were taught ways to be successful, yet remain true to their community pharmacy roots. After graduation from pharmacy school both owners honed their business skills operating successful independent retail pharmacies. Today, Carthage Pharmacy Services, Inc. owns and operates two independent retail pharmacies in Missouri – Mt. Vernon HomeTown Pharmacy and Wilkinson Pharmacy. The two locations cater to the individual needs of their customer base by providing full service prescription services at each location, a full-line of over-the-counter medication selections, Home Medical Equipment, Medication Therapy Management services, acceptance of most insurance programs, in-town delivery service, and candles.
The success of Carthage Pharmacy Services is due to Davin and Gail’s commitment to customer service and employee empowerment. Come see for yourself -- let HomeTown Pharmacy be your "HomeTown" Pharmacy.
The Corporation has six basic departments:
- The Pharmacy Department dispenses prescription medications and related products
- The Over-the-Counter or (OTC) Department offers traditional OTC products such as aspirin, cough and cold preparations, first aid supplies and diabetic supplies.
- The Gift/Candle Department offers a full line of scented candles and gifts of all sorts.
- The Kodak Kiosk is available at HomeTown to print pictures from a flash drive, smart phone, and more.
- The DME department offers wheelchairs, walkers, cane, braces, etc.
- Davin Vaughn, Owner/Pharmacist
- Gail Vaughn, Owner/Pharmacist